Need Lawyer? Call Now
Hablamos Español
Call for a FREE Consultation
Call Us 24 Hours/7 Days a Week
Hablamos Español
Home » Daytona Beach » Florida Out of State Car Accident

Florida Out of State Car Accident

florida out of state car accidentCar Accidents in Florida With Out-Of-State Drivers

Most visitors from across the United States and the world at large often visit Florida during vacation. Many also spend several months here during winter.

The high population and the unfamiliarity of some drivers with the roads may increase the possibility of car accidents. Handling the aftermath of a crash that involves out-of-state drivers might be a little more complicated than any other situation, as handling communication and other aspects can prove challenging.

Zimmet & Zimmet can guide persons injured in an incident involving out-of-state drivers.

Establishing liability for car accidents involving out-of-state drivers in Florida

As a major tourism and business hub, Florida receives scores of visitors from other states, most of who drive around. Drivers from other states usually use insurance from their home state. These drivers may also use the protection that car rental firms offer.

Given that, every state has unique requirements when it comes to insurance coverage, the policies for these drivers may not cover the costs the same way those of Florida residents would.

Have you been injured in an accident or fall? Do You have question and want to know your legal options.
Call 386-255-6400  for a free consultation and remember there is NO FEE unless WE Win.

Luckily, the operations of most insurance providers span nationally or even internationally, which means the coverage may apply across states. Thus, if you suffer car injuries involving a driver from another state, you’re entitled to look at their insurance policy to establish the possibility of it covering your claim.

Besides, the Long-Arm Statute of Florida mandates the courts to ensure out-of-state drivers show up in court after being summoned. The law requires all drivers using Florida roads to honor court summons if accidents occur.

Civil laws may vary according to the state, but if there’s an accident on Florida roads, the Florida law reigns, despite the residencies of those involved.

In other words, both the Florida residents and visitors may file suit in the area where the accident occurred to help them seek compensation for any injuries.

Car accidents often result from the negligent actions of one or several parties. Every driver on our roads owes other road users the duty of acting prudently and reasonably.

When the driver breaches this duty, the outcome may be a collision that causes injuries to others. That driver may be held liable for being negligent.

The circumstance surrounding the accident may be tricky, and it can be challenging to establish the liable party quickly. Zimmet & Zimmet have handled car accident injuries for many years.

We can quickly analyze any situation surrounding the accident scene to establish a negligent party. Seek our help to help you recover any damages resulting from an accident involving out-of-state drivers.

The possible damages in these claims are lost income, medical costs, vehicle repairs, diminished earning capacity, and suffering and pain. Even if several parties are at fault, including the accident victim, it’s still possible to recover damages.

Florida is a comparative fault state, meaning the compensation awarded depends on the degree of fault of each party in a crash. A victim who might be 30 percent responsible for their injuries, for instance, may stand a chance of getting compensated for the remaining 70 percent.

What to do after a Florida car accident

Whether you’re near home or in a different state, you should take a couple of steps moments and days after the crash:

  • Call the police
  • Take some photos of the accident scene
  • Get the names of any nearby witnesses
  • Seek medical attention
  • Alert your insurance provider
  • Never admit fault

Reporting the out-of-state Florida car accident to the insurance company

Auto policies typically extend coverage to all parts of the United States in addition to Canada’s territories and provinces. That means, for example, if you opened up an auto policy in New York and get into a road crash while vacationing in Florida, you may still receive coverage, as stated in your policy.

Car insurance cuts across state lines, and thus drivers from outside Florida should find out-of-state reporting of accidents as easy as they’d do at home.

Once you contact your insurance company, you may be assigned an adjustor from the place where the accident took place or your hometown. It depends on your insurer’s policies.

If you’d like to repair your damaged car at a shop close to the accident scene, then your insurance provider should still manage to assist you through its network of mechanics, adjustors, and towing companies across the country, even if you’re far away from home.

Provided you’ve adequate auto insurance and your claim is in line with your policy’s outlines (rather than the Florida insurance laws), you should quickly receive compensation – despite where you’re. If you’re wrongfully denied coverage, contact Zimmet & Zimmet today to help you expedite your settlement.

Filing a lawsuit for a Florida out-of-state car accident

After being involved in an out-of-state crash that caused severe injuries to you or a relative, you may want to sue the at-fault driver. It’s essential that you receive compensation to help recover damage to the car, medical costs, and any travel costs incurred.

But where exactly should you file the lawsuit?

For the most part, you should the state laws where the crash occurred. For example, if you’re from Georgia and get into a collision in Florida, then you’ll be under Florida’s jurisdiction.

The cases involving out-of-state accidents are different. It’s crucial to note that every case will be based on Florida’s statute of limitations. That’s why you may want to contact a car accident lawyer immediately after the auto collision.

Speak with a skilled Florida out-of-state car accident lawyer

A competent lawyer foresees how the jury might view the case. That’s why you should work with a knowledgeable attorney who’s open to initiating a bad faith claim against the liable party’s insurance firm. The attorney should also weigh in several other factors to inform you whether your accident case is worth the trouble.

Zimmet & Zimmet can meet with you to elaborate further. We’re always available to respond to all your questions. We express a sincere commitment to our clients.

We won’t rest until you receive the maximum compensation that the liable party owes you. Call us today, at 386-255-6400 for a free consultation regarding your case.

Have you been injured in an accident or fall? Do You have question and want to know your legal options.
Call 386-255-6400  for a free consultation and remember there is NO FEE unless WE Win.

Contact Us Today
For a Free Case Evaluation
Ronald Zimmet Jr.
Additional Resources
Find A Personal Injury Lawyer