Can You Sue for Beach Injury in Florida?
By Team at Zimmet & Zimmet, In Personal injury, 0 Comments
Beach accidents tend to be frequent, particularly in coaster areas. While you and your family visit the beach almost always, you may not pay so much attention to several risks that the beach presents. While at the beach, you’re entitled to take legal action against the liable individual if you or your household is injured. If you were not at fault, you shouldn’t be expected to pay for these damages.
What you must do first, in this case, is to seek the help of a professional. That is why Zimmet & Zimmet Lawyers are personal injury attorney Daytona Beach will help you get the legal advice you require so you can recover from injuries due to the carelessness of others.
Injuries You Can Suffer at the Beach
There could be some blind areas or spots that are not adequately maintained since many beaches are quite vast and expansive. Any beach needs to have ample lifeguards and security present always. Otherwise, you may be able to hold the private or city property owner accountable if you are injured, such as:
- Spinal cord and neck damage
- Nerve damage
- Torn muscles
- Knee injuries
- Puncture wounds
- Broken bones
You can get injured in several ways at the beach, and they are:
- Boating accidents and environmental conditions that result in toxic chemicals in the water can lead to allergic reactions, diseases, illnesses, skin problems, and more
- People para-sailing, people on wakeboards, people on jet skis, surfers, and other individuals that use the beach without being cautious of other people and the surrounding area
- Parking lots’ potholes at beaches contributing to trip and fall incidents
- Beach vendors’ slip and fall accidents including a drink or food sellers or renters
- Debris in the water or on the beach are often detritus or trash from beachgoers, private property owners, ships, vendors, and more
- Cloudy water that doesn’t reveal proper depth or dangers
- Lack of hazard signs, blocked-off areas, and other warnings
- Lack of fences or gates close to dangerous areas
- Lack of using lifeguards to help you back to shore or save you by diving in the water
Using any of the reasons mentioned above, you need to take proper legal action against the responsible party if you sustained any injuries at the beach. Zimmet & Zimmet has personal injury lawyers with more than 30 years of combined experience, and you will get the justice you deserve for your damages through reliable support.
How to File a Lawsuit for a Florida Beach Injury
You need to take some vital steps if you were injured at the beach. What you need to do immediately is to get proper medical treatment. Then, don’t delay too long before you check out. You can give the insurance agency a red flag when there is a delay between the treatment and the incident.
To show that you receive treatment, try to keep all medical statements, hospital receipts, doctor’s notes, and medical notes. Ensure that you take as many photos of any hazards or defects, the scene of the incident at the beach, your injuries, and more. You can show the extent of the dangers with these photos and even videos.
While you can attest that there is a danger present at the beach, you can also interview bystanders and witnesses. You will have a solid case with these testimonies. Also, don’t forget to find a lifeguard who was responsible or write down relevant information from private property owners. You will get the help of this contact details to reach the appropriate insurance agency to file your claim.
Finally, it is vital to consult an attorney who is versed in beach accident lawsuits like Zimmet & Zimmet Associates. The reliable and professional lawyers working with the law firm will submit your evidence to the proper agency while gladly organizing them for you. They will argue on your behalf, negotiate a fair deal, and strive to bring you the justice you deserve while you spend your time returning and recovering to a healthy life.
Compensation You Can Get From a Beach Accident Lawsuit
As a victim of a beach accident, you will get fair compensation for your injuries and damages. You will be adequately paid if you were hurt. Some of the benefits the personal injury attorneys at Zimmet & Zimmet Associates will help you recover include:
- Pain and suffering damages that will cover fear, anxiety, PTSD, mental anguish, and more
- Property damage if you lose or break any of your personal belongings in the incident
- Claim to past and future’s lost income if it will take some time to return to work
- Claim to your past and future medical expenses such as medication, physical therapy, hospitalization, surgery, and more, for your injury
The attorneys at Zimmet & Zimmet Associates will work around the clock to win you the damages you deserve since they know the best ways to win your case. Contact them today to speak with one of their efficient lawyers if you’re involved in a beach accident.