Need Lawyer? Call Now
Hablamos Español
Call for a FREE Consultation
Call Us 24 Hours/7 Days a Week
Hablamos Español
Home » Car Accidents » What If I Can’t Work After My Accident?

What If I Can’t Work After My Accident?

man in wheel chair

Many car accidents, especially those resulting from a drunk, speeding, reckless or aggressive driver, result in serious injuries that may cause long-term impairments.

Some injuries may be so severe that they are permanently disabling. It is possible that an injury like this could prevent you from returning to work for several months after the accident, or even permanently.

If this is the case, what types of compensation may be available to help you

man in wheel chair
If you have suffered a car accident, contact us today!

make ends meet if you are unable to work? Part of the answer depends on the type of injuries you’ve received and how the accident occurred. For example, if you were injured in a work-related car accident, you will most likely be covered by workers’ compensation insurance.

Your injuries might enable you to qualify for Social Security disability, if they are severe enough to prevent you from working for at least 12 months. To qualify, you would need to prove that there is no way you can return to work. Your disabilities must be long-term or permanent, and you would also need to prove that there is no other type of work you could do to replace your previous employment. If, on the other hand, you will be out of work for only a few weeks or months, you will not qualify for Social Security because this is not considered a long-term or permanent disability.

What if your injuries are strictly emotional? Severe anxiety or panic disorders, including post-traumatic stress disorder, may occur as a result of a traumatizing car accident. It is possible that a long-term anxiety condition could qualify for disability benefits, if your trauma prevents you from being able to work.

If the other driver was responsible for your injuries, you may be able to seek compensation for your medical expenses and loss of income. Contact Zimmet & Zimmet to discuss your case and find out if this is an option.

Have you been injured in an accident or fall? Do You have question and want to know your legal options.
Call 386-255-6400  for a free consultation and remember there is NO FEE unless WE Win.


Related Articles