The Most Dangerous Dog Breeds
By Team at Zimmet & Zimmet, In Personal injury, 0 Comments
No matter how much you love dogs, there is always the possibility that one will become scared or aggressive and lash out. There are many behaviors you can demonstrate to prevent this, but it can also be helpful to know which breeds lead to the nearly five million occurrences that happen every year. Here are the most common breeds that bite, according to a 32-year study that took over five thousand incidents into account.
- Pit Bull: 3,397 occurrences that led to 295 deaths
- Rottweiler: 535 occurrences that led to 85 deaths.
- German Shepherd: 113 occurrences that led to 15 deaths.
- Siberian Husky: 83 occurrences that led to 26 deaths.
- Akita: 70 occurrences that led to 8 deaths.
Considering that nearly five million dog bites occur every year, this is not a
complete study, and an entire breed should never be condemned for the actions of a few. However, it does give a good idea about what breeds should be treated with caution. When approaching a strange dog, keep a non-threatening posture, and always get permission before petting it. If you own one of these breeds, the most important way to keep a safe home is to provide a healthy, happy environment for your dog.