Regarding personal injury cases, slip and fall accidents are often overlooked as minor incidents. However, slip and fall accidents can result in serious injuries that significantly impact a person’s life. In Ormond Beach, Florida, slip and fall accidents are common, and those injured in such accidents may be entitled to compensation.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident in Ormond Beach, it is important to seek the help of an experienced attorney who can help you navigate the legal system and get the compensation you deserve. That’s where Zimmet & Zimmet comes in.
Zimmet & Zimmet is a reputable law firm in Ormond Beach specializing in personal injury cases, including slip and fall accidents. Our team of experienced lawyers understands the laws and regulations surrounding slip and fall cases, and we know what it takes to build a strong case for our clients.
With our extensive knowledge and experience, Zimmet & Zimmet is dedicated to helping clients get the compensation they deserve for injuries, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. If you need a slip and fall lawyer in Ormond Beach, look no further than Zimmet & Zimmet.
If you have questions or want to schedule an appointment, contact our office today.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere and to anyone, often resulting in serious injuries that can have long-lasting effects.
Here are some common causes of slip and fall accidents:
- Wet or slippery surfaces: Slippery surfaces, such as wet floors, spills, and freshly mopped or waxed floors, can easily cause a slip and fall accident.
- Uneven surfaces: Uneven surfaces, such as cracked sidewalks, potholes, or uneven stairs, can cause people to trip and fall.
- Poor lighting: Insufficient lighting can make it difficult to see hazards, such as stairs or obstacles, increasing the risk of a slip and fall accident.
- Cluttered or obstructed walkways: Objects left in walkways or cluttered spaces can cause someone to trip and fall.
- Faulty equipment or furniture: Broken equipment or furniture can collapse or malfunction, causing someone to fall.
- Inadequate footwear: Wearing inappropriate footwear, such as high heels or shoes with worn soles, can increase the risk of a slip and fall accident.
- Weather conditions: Slip and fall accidents can also be caused by weather conditions, such as rain, ice, or snow, that make surfaces slippery or uneven.
- Negligent maintenance: Property owners must maintain safe conditions on their property, and failure to do so can result in a slip and fall accident.
Being aware of these common causes can help individuals take steps to prevent slip and fall accidents and stay safe.
Common Injuries Sustained in Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents can result in many injuries, from minor bruises and cuts to serious and life-altering injuries.
Here are some common injuries sustained in slip and fall accidents:
- Head and brain injuries: A fall can cause a person’s head to hit a hard surface, resulting in a traumatic brain injury (TBI), concussion, or other head injuries. These injuries can have long-lasting effects on a person’s cognitive and physical abilities.
- Spinal cord injuries: A fall can also cause damage to the spinal cord, leading to paralysis or other permanent disabilities.
- Broken bones and fractures: Slip and fall accidents can result in broken bones, such as fractures in the arms, legs, wrists, or hips.
- Soft tissue injuries: A fall can cause damage to soft tissues such as muscles, ligaments, and tendons, leading to sprains, strains, or other soft tissue injuries.
- Cuts and bruises: Minor injuries such as cuts and bruises are common in slip and fall accidents but can still require medical attention.
- Emotional distress: Slip and fall accidents can also cause emotional distress, such as anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Death: Sometimes, slip and fall accidents can be fatal, particularly if the person is elderly or has pre-existing medical conditions.
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, it is important to seek medical attention immediately and consult with a personal injury lawyer to understand your legal rights and options for seeking compensation for your injuries.
Ormond Beach, Florida Slip and Fall Laws
Florida’s slip and fall laws are designed to protect individuals injured in slip and fall accidents. In Florida, property owners must maintain safe conditions on their property and warn visitors of any potential hazards.
If a property owner fails to fulfill this duty and someone is injured as a result, the injured person may be able to seek compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. However, to succeed in a slip and fall case, the injured person must prove that the property owner was negligent in maintaining the property, that the negligence caused the accident, and that the injuries sustained were a direct result of the accident.
It is important to note that Florida follows a comparative negligence system, which means that the injured person’s compensation may be reduced if they are found to have contributed to the accident in any way.
Learn more about these requirements and laws here:
Duty of Care for Property Owners
Under Florida law, property owners have a legal duty to maintain their property’s safe conditions and take reasonable steps to warn visitors of any potential hazards. This includes conducting regular inspections of the property and repairing any dangerous conditions promptly.
Negligence and Fault in Slip and Fall Accidents
To succeed in a slip and fall case, the injured person must be able to prove that the property owner was negligent in maintaining the property and that the negligence caused the accident. This may involve demonstrating that the property owner knew or should have known about the hazard and failed to take appropriate action to address it.
Comparative Negligence and Fault Sharing
In Florida, the injured person’s compensation may be reduced if they are found to have contributed to the accident in any way. For example, if the injured person wore inappropriate footwear or engaged in risky behavior, such as running or jumping, they may be found partially at fault for the accident.
Statute of Limitations for Slip and Fall Lawsuits
In Florida, a statute of limitations limits the amount of time an injured person has to file a slip and fall lawsuit. The statute of limitations for personal injury cases in Florida is generally four years from the accident date. After this time, the injured person may be barred from pursuing legal action.
How Our Legal Team at Zimmet & Zimmet Can Help with Your Slip and Fall Accident Claim
After a slip and fall accident can be a confusing and overwhelming experience. You may face mounting medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and unsure of your legal rights and options.
That’s where our legal team at Zimmet & Zimmet can help.
Here are some ways our experienced slip and fall lawyers can assist with your claim:
Investigating the Accident
Our legal team will thoroughly investigate the accident to gather evidence and determine who is liable for your injuries. This may involve examining the accident scene, reviewing medical records, and interviewing witnesses.
Building a Strong Case
Once liability has been established, we will work to build a strong case on your behalf. This may involve gathering additional evidence, such as expert witness testimony, to prove the extent of your injuries and their impact on your life.
Negotiating with Insurance Companies
Our lawyers have experience negotiating with insurance companies to ensure you receive fair compensation for your injuries. We will work tirelessly to reach a settlement that meets your needs and covers all of your expenses related to the accident.
Representing You in Court
Our legal team is prepared to represent you in court if a settlement cannot be reached. We have extensive experience in personal injury litigation and will work tirelessly to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Providing Peace of Mind
At Zimmet & Zimmet, we understand how stressful and overwhelming a slip and fall accident can be. That’s why we are committed to providing you peace of mind throughout the legal process. Our lawyers will keep you informed every step of the way and provide compassionate and personalized legal representation.
Contact Our Ormond Beach Slip and Fall Lawyer for Assistance
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident in Ormond Beach, it is important to seek the help of an experienced personal injury lawyer who can help you understand your legal rights and options for seeking compensation.
At Zimmet & Zimmet, we are committed to providing compassionate and personalized legal representation to those injured in slip and fall accidents.
Our legal team has the experience and knowledge necessary to investigate your claim, build a strong case on your behalf, and negotiate with insurance companies to ensure you receive fair compensation for your injuries. We are prepared to represent you in court if necessary and will work tirelessly to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Don’t wait to get the help you need. Contact our Ormond Beach slip and fall lawyer today for your claim. We offer free consultations and work on a contingency fee basis, meaning we only get paid if you receive compensation. Let us help you get the justice you deserve.