I-4 Construction Accidents
By Team at Zimmet & Zimmet, In Personal injury
If you live in Central Florida, chances are you have to use I-4 during any given day. This interstate is the main passageway between Daytona Beach and Tampa. This interstate takes you through Downtown Orlando as well as the tourist attraction areas. The road is always busy, and sadly it is under heavy construction.
The construction on I-4 has been going on for several years and is anticipated to continue for several more. The interstate is being reconstructed and expanded, and it is leading to more accidents and fatalities per mile than any other interstate in the US. The Department of Transportation reviewed statistics about accidents and fatalities on the 70 interstates in the United States, and I-4 came in first place again. I-4 has been in the top three positions for the most dangerous roads since 2010.
Lane shifting, uneven pavement, changed exit ramps and continual construction equipment and workers have made I-4 very hazardous. I-4 is one of the shortest of all U.S. interstates, only 132 miles, but it is the most dangerous one to drive.
When Accidents Happen You Deserve Compensation
If you are involved in an accident and have sustained injuries, Florida law states that you have the right to receive compensation for your losses. These losses, or damages as they are often referred to as are a way to help ease the financial burden that the accident has caused.
When you file a personal injury lawsuit, your attorney may claim one or more of the following types of compensation for your case:
• Medical Bills – Current and future medical costs relating to the injuries caused by the accident
• Lost Wages -Current and future lost wages and employer-paid benefits
• Lost Earning Capacity – If you cannot return to your position at work, or return to work at all, you have the right to be compensated for this loss
• Damages to Personal Property – For example, if your eyeglasses were destroyed in the accident or the laptop in your trunk was ruined, your attorney will claim these damages. Claims for the damaged vehicle are often handled separately.
• Cost of Services. If you have to hire someone to do your home obligations, such as clean the house, landscaping, car repair or caring for the children or an elderly relative, your attorney will seek compensation for these expenses.
• Pain and Suffering. This is non-economic damage and will vary greatly based on the facts of your case.
• Loss of Consortium or Companionship. If your injury has changed how you can physically interact with your spouse, your attorney may take out a case for you and separately for your spouse for loss of consortium and companionship.
If you are entitled to any additional forms of compensation based on the insurance company policy and state law, your attorney will add it to your case.
Speak To A Personal Injury Attorney Today
Facing financial hardships from an accident only increases the amount of emotional stress you are experiencing from the event. These hardships distract you from concentrating on recovering physically from the injuries and often lead to longer periods of recuperation. In some cases, these financial hardships can leave you with the feeling of being overwhelmed and depressed.
Zimmet & Zimmet understands the problems you are facing financially because of this accident. We know how deeply this entire event has impacted your life. We are here to help. If you have been involved in an accident on I-4, or anywhere else in Central Florida, call (386) 255-6400 for a free consultation. We review the facts of your case and start building your claim for compensation so that you can concentrate on what matters most, recovering from your injuries.