Proudly serving the State of Florida since 1975

Call for a Free Consultation 386-255-6400

What Should I Do With My Advance Directive If I Choose To Have One?

A: Make sure that someone such as your doctor, lawyer or family member knows that you have an advance directive and where it is located. Consider the following:

  • If you have designated a healthcare surrogate, give a copy, or the original of the written designation form to the person.
  • Give a copy of the advance directive to your doctor for your medical file.
  • Keep a copy of your advance directive in a place where it can be found easily.
  • Keep a card or note in your purse or wallet which states that you have an advance directive and where it is located.
  • If you change your advance directive, make sure that your doctor, lawyer and/or a family member has the latest copy.
ADA Disclaimer:
Zimmet & Zimmet is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and all applicable website standards including WCAG 2.0. It does not discriminate on the basis of disability. If you have any issues observing the content of this website, please contact us. Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be made.

Copyright © 2021. All Rights Reserved.