Proudly serving the State of Florida since 1975

Call for a Free Consultation 386-255-6400

If my child is injured by a reaction to a vaccine, can I sue the vaccine company?

If my child is injured by a reaction to a vaccine, can I sue the vaccine company?

Below is one of the common questions many clients have when they first contact Zimmet & Zimmet. The answer may address many initial concerns you may have. If you don’t find the answer here, or simply want more information, you should contact us for answers to your specific questions. Our initial consultation is free of charge.

A: Not initially. In most instances, you must first file a claim with the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP). If the inoculation that caused your child’s injury is not on the list of vaccines covered by the VICP, then you may immediately sue the vaccine manufacturer. If the vaccine is covered by the VICP, then you must proceed with your claim within the Federal Claims Court that hears all VICP claims. If the court rules against you or dismisses your vaccine injury claim, then you may sue the vaccine maker directly. If the court rules in your favor and awards you compensations for your child’s vaccine-related injury, you can still elect to sue the vaccine maker if you reject the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program’s award of benefits.

ADA Disclaimer:
Zimmet & Zimmet is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and all applicable website standards including WCAG 2.0. It does not discriminate on the basis of disability. If you have any issues observing the content of this website, please contact us. Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be made.

Copyright © 2021. All Rights Reserved.