Can Every Car Accident be Prevented?
By Team at Zimmet & Zimmet, In Personal injury, 0 Comments
Florida is a popular tourist destination. Every year, 125 million visitors travel to the Sunshine State to enjoy the sun and the surf. This number keeps climbing, as tourism in the state continues to improve. In fact, in 2018, travel at 18 Florida airports increased by 7.6%.
Yet, while increased tourism may be good for the economy, it wreaks havoc on the roads. Communities in and around Daytona Beach sit around major thoroughfares such as I-95, I-4, US-1, and the International Speedway Blvd. Some of those roads have been rated among the most dangerous in America.
The Staggering Statistics
A recent study by Dateline NBC put Florida’s Interstates and highways “at the top of the list” of the nation’s most dangerous roads. Both I-95 and US-1 were named as some of the most dangerous stretches of asphalt in America.
Sadly, numbers from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration also named Florida the most dangerous state for motorcyclists in 2007. More motorcycle fatalities occur here than anywhere else in America. Sadly, the number of motorcycle injuries in Florida has been steadily increasing since the universal helmet law was repealed in 2000.
Preventing Car Accidents
No matter how cautious you are or how many safety measures you take, accidents can happen. These car accidents often have devastating consequences.
Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent every car accident from occurring. That is because even when you do everything right, other drivers may not.
While you may not be able to prevent getting into a car accident, there are steps you can take to reduce your risk.
- Never drink and drive
- Put the phone down
- Don’t text and drive
- Don’t drive fatigued
- Don’t drive under the influence of drugs
- Be alert for pedestrians and cyclists on the road
- Perform regular vehicle maintenance
- Change and rotate tires frequently
- Do not tailgate
- Don’t engage in road rage
- Always drive the speed limit
- Keep at least one hand on the steering wheel at all times
- Watch for red light runners
- Ignore other aggressive drivers
- Follow the rules of the road
The Aftermath of a Car Accident
When you are hurt because of another driver’s carelessness, there may be many questions running through your mind:
- How will you pay your medical expenses?
- If you are unable to work, how you will you pay your bills?
- Is your insurance company treating you honestly and fairly?
- How will you get your vehicle repaired?
- How will you pay for your child’s future medical care?
- Do you need a lawyer, and, if you do, how do you find the best attorney for your case?
At the law offices of Zimmet & Zimmet, we understand that a car accident can derail your entire life. In a moment’s notice, you may be suddenly struggling with permanent disability, impairment, and chronic pain. When this occurs, you need someone on your side you can trust.
Call Our Accident Attorneys in Daytona Beach
If you were injured in a car accident in Daytona Beach, Florida and you believe that someone else’s negligence was to blame, it is important to speak to a car accident lawyer as soon as you are able.
At Zimmet & Zimmet P.L. our Daytona Beach car accident attorneys have extensive experience helping injured Floridians obtain the money they need to pay for medical expenses, lost wages, and more. Contact us today for a free initial consultation and review of your potential case. Call 386-255-6400 or fill out our confidential contact form, and we can help you through this difficult time.