Call for a FREE Consultation


Call Us 24 Hours/7 Days a Week

Our Injury Blog

Accident Out on the Water? Find Out How an Attorney can Help You

By Team at Zimmet & Zimmet, In Personal injury, 0 Comments

accident on the water

If you spend a great deal of time on the water, then you know that boating accidents can frequently occur. If you have been involved in an accident on the water, then you will want to find a qualified attorney at a firm like Zimmet and Zimmet immediately. A personal attorney can help get you the compensation that you deserve

Every year, thousands of people are involved in boating accidents. The most common accidents include:

  • Capsizing: The boat turns upside down
  • Swamping: The boat fills with water
  • Falling Overboard

In many cases, the boating accident was due to a number of unforeseen actions such intoxication, weather related mistakes or equipment malfunctions. The accident may have left you with a great deal of medical costs, unable to work, or even disabled. In many cases, even a walk throughout the house can cause massive discomfort for the injured party. What should be your next steps?

You should start by contacting a Daytona Beach boating accident attorney who has experience in personal injury. This attorney will ask you to provide an array of information, such as police reports and hospital records to evaluate your case. The attorney will also interview you, asking you to provide your account of the accident. Once he or she decides to represent you, then the attorney will map out a plan for you to receive the compensation that you deserve.

In many cases, the attorney will approach the offending party and ask to settle the case and avoid court cost. If you have a qualified boating accident attorney Daytona, then he or she may be able to negotiate a settlement that works for both parties. However, in many cases, the other party may be stubborn and may try and minimize your damages. In this case, your claim may lead to a lawsuit.

If you have an accident on the water, then make sure to find a qualified attorney who can work for your best interests. Whether you settle or go to court, a firm like Zimmet and Zimmet can help you get the compensation that you deserve.

Popular Post
How to Drive Safely in Inclement Weather

As a resident of the state of Florida, you’re well aware that weather conditions can (and will) change without notice. One minute it’s sunny, but the next a thunderstorm has…

11, October, 2021 Read More
Recent Post

Contact us Now